Wednesday, February 21, 2018

#Squaduary week 3

This week, I continued to work on my genestealers for #Squaduary 2018.  They are getting closer to being finished with only highlighting, claws, and bases left for me to finish.  Let’s take a look.  


My first task this week was to paint the carapaces.  This step includes a sub-step of painting the carapace light grey so I don’t need many layers of green to get decent coverage.  While painting the carapace, I painted up the claws, teeth, and back while I had the grey out.

Once the carapace was done I went and painted the light blue backs.  I then added a blue wash to make the ridges pop.

I then painted the toxin sacs under the chin of the acid maw guys. I hit them with a brown wash as well.

Lastly I painted the tongue and eyes red.  I am contemplating changing the color of the tongue on the acid maws so they stand out more.  The whole reason I wanted these heads were to easily identify them in a game but the sac is tucked underneath the chin to be easily seen when bunched up in a combat. Maybe adding a tongue to match the sack will draw more attention to it.

That is where I am at.  I need to go through and paint the claws with some bone color instead of grey and either dry brush the blue or line highlight it.  Then I can finish them with a little flock. The deadline is getting close but I think I will make it.

What do you think?

Questions? Comments? Nom nom noms!